Discovery Place is in search of a patient, attentive Daycare Teacher to care for 2 year old children. Hours are 8:30am-5:30pm Monday through Friday. Job duties would include preparing meals for children, maintaining their hygiene, monitoring them for health, behavioral, and emotional concerns, providing them with age-appropriate instruction and working with parents to ensure that children are learning and socializing in a positive way. They may also assist with sterilizing toys and play areas and other duties to ensure that the children are in a safe, engaging, and clean environment. To be successful at Discovery Place, you should be thorough and caring with an eye for detail. You should be prepared to meet the physical demands of the position and have an understanding of the childhood development process.
Additional information Job Duties include (but are not limited to):
• Providing care for children, such as setting schedules and routines, grooming, feeding, changing diapers, and cleaning rooms and toys.
• Developing and encouraging age-appropriate learning and socialization to ensure children learn basic skills and concepts, such as communication, manners, sharing, etc.
• Maintaining a safe workplace by monitoring children for health, behavioral, and emotional issues and reporting concerns to staff and parents.
• Helping children discover new interests by introducing them to art, music, sports, and other potential hobbies.
• Ensuring children are learning positive behaviors and providing guidance or approved discipline, as needed.
• Preparing children to enter the next level of care or for entry into school. • Keeping records relating to child care.
• Working with parents to help children progress towards educational and behavioral goals.
See more information here: https://www.facebook.com/jobs/job-opening/265819271743269/?source=post